Saturday, January 19, 2013

Memories....

One of my most favorite memories from my younger days....

...is a song which was written and sung by Kellie Copeland (aka Commander Kellie) on the wonderful, faith-filled children's program "Adventures In Dry Gulch."

Below are the lyrics to one of my favorite FAITH-filled lullabies that combat all the other lullabies out there. I hope to one day sing this to my own babies if God's will opens that door for me one day....




"IT'S GOD"
Kellie Copeland S.


Verse 1:
If you ever wanted a friend to come outside and play
But everyone you called had lots to do that day
Did you ever feel so lonely that you'd thought you would cry
Well, I know someone special who's always standing by

Chorus:
It's God
And He's my friend
He's never too busy for me to play with Him
We walk and talk together
We laugh and sing a song
He's even there to comfort me when sometimes things go wrong

Verse 2:
God is always there for me when I call His name
Even though I grow and change God is still the same
When I go to sleep at night I know that we won't part
God is always by my side He lives within my heart

(Chorus 2x)


Ending:
He's even there to comfort me when sometimes things go wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment